5.29.2010

Salt Water

I'm now half way through training (triathlon is in 4wks!) and it calls for swim(30)/ride(30)/run(30). So, I took this opportunity to do a trial
run at Good Harbor Beach in Gloucester MA. Rented a 3/2mm wetsuit,
used friends car (thanks Amy!), packed swimsuit, running shoes, and
bike. Weather was gorgeous and the wetsuit soaked up the warmth of
the sun. However, as my face hit the 50 degree ocean water, I went into
a bit of a shock and my breathing was off. I didn't quite get into a
rhythm, but now I feel a little more prepared and hopefully will
manage the salt water when the time comes (ocean temps closer to 60
in a month). I then biked along the coast to East Gloucester and back,
put on the running shoes and ran opposite direction into Rockport and
along the boardwalk (a delightful find!) and back. I was happy that my
legs felt good and I could run at the end of all this. An hour long nap
afterwards on the beach was a perfect way to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment